Hiring the proper, professional, and qualified criminal defense lawyer is one of the best, yet problematic decisions, you need to make when you’ve been charged with a criminal defense.
As in any other kind of work, it’s true that not all attorneys are the same, nor will they offer the same thorough, and excellent level of representation. There are many factors you should consider when choosing a criminal defense lawyer to represent you, as your future may depend on it.
When all is said and done, the best criminal defense lawyer for you will be someone who:
- Has the skills, experience, and resources to get you the best legal results possible.
- Is a firm whose reputation for excellence you can trust when it’s your future on the line.
- Has a team at their firm that will manage any, and all, aspects of your defense, wherever they may lead.
There are many things to consider, but a few of the most important are:
- Where they went to law school. – In choosing a lawyer that will fight consistently, and with conviction against your criminal charge, one of the prime pieces of information you should ask is where your lawyer, and his team, went to law school. Defending against a criminal case most often involves more than one lawyer, and questions regarding their areas of expertise could make all the difference. For example, do they have criminal defense trial experience, and do they have the people that can make sense of the forensic evidence that may prove your innocence? These types of inquiries will give you a great deal of insight into the quality of your lawyer, and the defense team, with whom you plan to work.
- Ask direct questions about their experience. – Before you decide on a defense attorney, you must find out more about their experience with cases like yours. Asking questions like this will give you invaluable insight into their understanding of the area of criminal law that directly pertains to your defense.
As an example, if you’ve been charged with manslaughter, you need to enlist the services of a defense lawyer who is thoroughly versed in handling homicide cases.
- How do they communicate with the clients they defend? – You will have to meet and confer many times with your lawyer to learn the latest updates, strategies, etc., in your case. Your defense lawyer must be willing, and able, to communicate in a way that works for you.
- How often, and how experienced are they in taking cases to trial? – It’s particularly good to take the time and find out how often they take cases to trial. Doing so will give you a direct correlation to exactly how hard they will fight for you.
Many cases are indeed resolved out of court via plea bargains, but this also may be a sign that this lawyer does not commit to going all the way for you. In serious criminal cases, having an experienced trial lawyer is mandatory.
There are many other questions to ask, and ways of finding the right fit for your case, but personal face-to-face consultation with your Rosemead criminal defense lawyer is the only tangible way to validate your decision.
Will Finding the Right Criminal Defense Lawyer Help With My Case, and How?
Picking the right criminal defense lawyer, and the team involved is fundamental to your proper defense. The guidance of a seasoned defense attorney will make all the difference to the outcome of your criminal case.
Just some of the ways they will help you are:
- Providing you with knowledgeable, helpful legal advice whenever necessary.
- Providing you only honest, truthful answers regarding all your concerns.
- Professionally preparing and filing all legal documents with the court.
- Tirelessly searching for evidence that could move the case towards your favor.
- Making sure you receive all your rights as a resident of the United States.
- Speaking with the prosecutors, district attorney, or any official of the court.
- Doing all that’s possible to get your release from police custody.
- Conducting an independent investigation into the state’s allegations.
- Consulting with relevant experts about the details of your case.
Keep in mind, your lawyer in many ways carries much of the weight of your future on their shoulders, and the proper Rosemead criminal defense lawyer will feel and carry that weight for you, and your family.
What Can I Expect From the Best, Skilled and Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers?
Whether you’re still just in the consultation stages of your search or going to your next case meeting, there are five simple things you can expect from the right criminal defense attorney, they are:
- Consistent, confidential, personal, helpful, and empathetic communication.
- Proven experience in the type of case with which you are charged.
- Transferable skills to experts on your firms’ team.
- Excellent References from past successfully defended clients.
- Confidence in the firm’s ability, partners, staff, and outlook.
Can the Right Lawyer Get Me Out of Anything?
The truth is that no lawyer exists that can get you out of anything if the evidence against you is solid. However, there are things they can do to help, such as reduce the sentence by arguing mitigating circumstances. If you’re guilty, the prosecution will use all the evidence they have, but your lawyer still will formulate the best legal defense possible and use it to your advantage.
Often the words “lawyer” and “attorney” are used synonymously, but that’s not always the truth. “Lawyers” have gone to law school and may have taken and passed the bar exam. A real “attorney,” one that you want on your defense team, is not only trained, and educated in law but also practices it in court on a day-to-day basis. A “lawyer” whose basic definition is an attorney who acts as a “practitioner” in a court of law. Whose expertise, professionality, and success rate prove that fact out!
I’ve Been Charged With a Criminal Offense in Rosemead, What Do I Do First?
Begin by searching for the Rosemead criminal defense firm that will fight “tooth & nail” to uphold your rights by using all their resources to strategize with you, and formulate the most advantageous, and supportive professional criminal defense possible. The Law Offices of Daniel Deng has a criminal defense law team whose experience, depth of knowledge in criminal law, and commitment to their clients are unrivaled. Consult with them first, and they will do whatever it takes to get your life back on track!